VMware Cloud Community
csoto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sun Blade 6000 Virtualized NEM (X4238) driver is MIA

Since 11/2, the I/O Compatibility Guide (http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/pdf/vi_io_guide.pdf) has shown the availability of the Sun hxge version 1.2.2.11 driver for ESX 3.5 Update 4. But I can't find it anywhere in the driver downloads. Has anyone been able to locate this driver? That would help us tremendously.

Charles

0 Kudos
7 Replies
csoto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does anybody know who to contact about this? It has been at least 9 days. I sent a comment about the content for that page (I suppose it goes to the "webmaster") but I suspect they're not the right group who can rectify this.

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos
FostersFlop
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Charles,

I am also waiting for driver, but not for ESX 3.5 but for vSphere.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
csoto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mark, there already is a driver for ESX 4:

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/esx_esxi40_hxge_dt/ZHcqYmQlZGVidGVw

We just got vSphere and I can confirm this driver works as advertised. So far, so good.

Now, if they could just add the Sun Multithreaded 10Gigabit Adapter (X1028A-z) "nxge" driver to ESX 4 (it works great on ESX 3.5), then we'd be ready to switch - I would have four 10GigE connections per blade and ditch FibreChannel in heartbeat...

Charles

0 Kudos
FostersFlop
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Charles,

Thank you. I had been looking on Sun's site and not on VMware's for drivers.

Your timing could not have come at a better time as I have just ordered another 6000 chassis with five x6240 blade modules.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
csoto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
carolina12
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting post dude....discussion are always helpful in one way or the other. Thanks for giving out information. It’s really nice and mean full.

carolina

carolina
0 Kudos
steavejohn1994
Contributor
Contributor

its really thanks to you bcz i got my lots of information and data from your forum thankzzz

thank you sooo much

0 Kudos