VMware Cloud Community
Yacc
Contributor
Contributor

Strange messages while running VCB backup on HP Data Protector

Hi all,

I use the HP Data Protector (version A.06.00) in conjunction with VCB to backup my servers. Most often the backups of given server work correctly, but sometimes I receive strange messages and the backup fails. In log can be even 100 or more messages like these below:

From: VBDA@perseusz.grafxx.com.pl "y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D" Time: 20.04.2009 17:37:08
?\y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D\PStorages\zms97419\* Cannot traverse: ( A device attached to the system is not functioning. ) => not backed up. From: VBDA@perseusz.grafxx.com.pl "y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D" Time: 20.04.2009 17:37:08
?\y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D\PStorages\zms97420\* Cannot traverse: ( A device attached to the system is not functioning. ) => not backed up. From: VBDA@perseusz.grafxx.com.pl "y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D" Time: 20.04.2009 17:37:08
?\y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D\PStorages\zms97421\* Cannot traverse: ( A device attached to the system is not functioning. ) => not backed up. From: VBDA@perseusz.grafxx.com.pl "y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D" Time: 20.04.2009 17:37:08
?\y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D\PStorages\zms97422\* Cannot traverse: ( A device attached to the system is not functioning. ) => not backed up. From: VBDA@perseusz.grafxx.com.pl "y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D" Time: 20.04.2009 17:37:08
?\y:\vcbbackup\jowisz\letters\D\PStorages\zms97423\* Cannot traverse: ( A device attached to the system is not functioning. ) => not backed up.

What is the reason of this behavior and what to do to avoid it in the future?

Tia,

Yacc.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gilly
Contributor
Contributor

Was this issue ever resolved?

0 Kudos