VMware Cloud Community
mlydy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Storage vmotion with multiple virtual disks

I have a couple of virtual machines that have multiple virtual disks on them. I have a need to move one of the virtual disks to a different lun while leaving the others in current location. I would like to move this disk without impacting our users meaning I would like to keep the machine up and running. I have done many Storage Vmotions with great success. What I would like to know is if there is a way to leverage Storage Vmotion and tell it to move only one virtual disk on a multi disk VM.

Does anybody know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

download and install the RCLI.

Run the sVMotion in intereactive mode. This will walk you through the process with the ability to move individual disks.

command line should start with

svmotion --interactive

if you feel this or any other answer was "helpful" or "correct" please consider awarding points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

download and install the RCLI.

Run the sVMotion in intereactive mode. This will walk you through the process with the ability to move individual disks.

command line should start with

svmotion --interactive

if you feel this or any other answer was "helpful" or "correct" please consider awarding points

0 Kudos
mlydy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick response. I've tested it several times and after figuring out the vmx file needs to go with the vmdk file it works like a champ.

0 Kudos