VMware Cloud Community
bkshimkus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Storage VMotion error...

My environment is a vCenter v2.5 (build 174768) server with three 3.5.0 (build 176894) connected to a Dell/EMC CX3-40. All ESX servers have visability to all of the datastores.

When attempting to perform a storage vmotion from one datastore to another, I encounter the following error message: " A general system error occurred: Failed waiting for data. Error bad0007. Bad parameter."

Using the VMware Remote CLI tools (v3.5u2 build 104314, dated 7/25/2008), I issue the command "svmotion.pl --interactive". I then follow the on-screen prompt to select the VM I wish to move. The process appears to start (the progress bar shows 1%), but then quickly fails with the message noted above.

I have searched the VMware knowledgebase, but came up empty.

Any ideas of what may be causing this issue?

bks

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

As per the below thread, you service console must have max of 800MB.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/196142

Shan

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
bkshimkus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply and advice.

All hosts have 800MB set for the service console, however we are also running OpenManage as well.

I will try rebooting the host the affected VM runs on to see if that helps.

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
bkshimkus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same error is encountered after reboot.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Can you please update the log files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
bkshimkus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I apologize for asking, but what logs would be most helpful to you?

bks

0 Kudos