VMware Cloud Community
Nautilus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Some VMs like in a Stand By Modus only early in the morning

Hi,

i have some VMs there are like in a Stand By Modus when they do nothing for a long time. Because some users are telling me when they want to start early in the morning, that they will get Time Out messages and when they try a cup of Coffe everything are working fine.

I think only the first want to user this server are getting time out, and my server is sleeing over night and have to be waked up.

Can i configure this VM to never "sleep" ?

Kind regards

Nautilus

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kind regards Nautilus ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
3 Replies
arturka
Expert
Expert

hi

Did you made any changes in power management options ? check my printscreen attached to this post

Artur

VCDX77 My blog - http://vmwaremine.com
0 Kudos
Nautilus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No it isnt, that was reason why i write "like a stand by mode" the VM is running, no standby or suspend mode,

Kind regards

Nautilus

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kind regards Nautilus ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
arturka
Expert
Expert

If not, you have to change your guest OS power management configuration to do not go in "standby mode". This should fixyour problem.

if this question is useful for you click some starts please Smiley Happy

Artur

VCDX77 My blog - http://vmwaremine.com
0 Kudos