VMware Cloud Community
mohanad_cs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Shared SAN Storage

Hi,

I Installed & Configured 3 ESX Server 3.0.1 & all of them Connect to Shared SAN Storage to Specific LUN, These Servers were part of one Cluster Group "HA, DRA",

I Created Virtual Machine on Shared LUN , all Server are able to See the folder name on shared LUN for this VM but it's not showing any files inside it So is it problem or not ?

Note: the VM is up & Running & works fine & it could be migrated easily from one server to other.

Best Regards,

Mohanad R.Aljabi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Henry_T_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

mohanad,

with which user you're looking in the cli?

maybe it's a permissions question, if you're not root than login as normal user and run 'su - '

than you should see the files. If you want to see the files change the permissions to o+rx to view en cd to the dir

hope this helps..

regards

Henry T.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GCR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If the VM is still running it seams fine and if you are doing vmotion with it, better, but I just don't understand why can't you see the files...

Please try to do a storage adapter rescan and a VMFS rescan and after browse the datastore again.

Have you tried to see the files through the command line, are they in that directory? On that path?

Cheers

0 Kudos
mohanad_cs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried to check though command Line but it show 0 total files.

Actually I did not do storage adapter rescan and a VMFS rescan; I will do it & check again.

But In case it did not work? Did you suggest formatting the VMFS Store & deploying VM again since these Servers not in production environment yet?

& how I will format the VMFS data store Drive through command line.

Regards,

Mohanad R.Aljabi

0 Kudos
Henry_T_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

mohanad,

with which user you're looking in the cli?

maybe it's a permissions question, if you're not root than login as normal user and run 'su - '

than you should see the files. If you want to see the files change the permissions to o+rx to view en cd to the dir

hope this helps..

regards

Henry T.

0 Kudos
GCR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Do not format the VMFS, I am following Henry too, that's something wrong in the way you are doing it. It can be permissions, it can be other things.

Please tell us what login are you using and try the rescan any way.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Abaronov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

May be it’s a stupid thing to ask, but did you try “ls -la” instead of just “ls”

Thanks,

Andrei

0 Kudos