VMware Cloud Community
Keano
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Seeing Iso files

I want to build a Solaris machine for 1st time on esx. Can someone advise how I make the ISO visible to the server (ie, where I need to place it. The ISO is over 2.5gb)

When I select the Device Type for CD\DVD drive as Datastore ISO file and select Browse within this, I can see a vmimages directory and then also a tools-isoimages directory within that.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dickybird
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can place them in any VMFS partition that has space

Then you goto your VM and attach it to CDROM by going to Edit settings in the VM.

Step1 - Create VM using custom option and choose theconfig you need

STep2 - After VM is created , Right click on VM and click Edit setting, then click on Connected and connected on power on for CD ROM.

Choose the location where you copied the ISO by going to Browse button in Datastore (check this radio button) and go to folder whr you copied you ISO.

Step3 - Power on you VM and it will go thru install process

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dickybird
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can place them in any VMFS partition that has space

Then you goto your VM and attach it to CDROM by going to Edit settings in the VM.

Step1 - Create VM using custom option and choose theconfig you need

STep2 - After VM is created , Right click on VM and click Edit setting, then click on Connected and connected on power on for CD ROM.

Choose the location where you copied the ISO by going to Browse button in Datastore (check this radio button) and go to folder whr you copied you ISO.

Step3 - Power on you VM and it will go thru install process

0 Kudos
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Upload solaris ISO in datasore location( vmimages or tools-isoimages)and then mount it for VM

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
Keano
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Brilliant,...wasnt thinking at all.

thanks,

Brian.

prakashraj <communities-emailer@vmware.com>

28/07/2009 17:12

To

<brian.mcelroy@aero.bombardier.com>

cc