VMware Cloud Community
gene_torres
Contributor
Contributor

Scheduled Auto-Migration into and out of Resource Pools?

Here's the scenario:

Every month for a few days, AKA Month-end close, we have servers that require more attention/resources to get ME jobs completed. I'd like to be able to auto-migrate specific Guests from a "Normal" resource pool into a "High" resource pool because these are going to be highly utilized or more important for these few days than the average guest.

My Question:

Is there a way to do this automatically on a schedule? Does anyone see it making a big difference at all? Are there already published/shared scripts that can be used to accomplish this sort of task at monthly intervals?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gene_torres
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind. I think i answered my own question. LOL sorry about that.

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

Mike Laverick recently blogged about a Resource Pool Scheduler that sounds like it might fit the bill.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
gene_torres
Contributor
Contributor

From what was posted it looks promising, only thing is the link was broken for me. I left a comment for an updated link if it's still available.

Thanks for sharing that!

0 Kudos