VMware Cloud Community
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Scan Entity takes 10 minutes for a host

I just upgraded from Virtual Center 2.5 Update 1 to Virtual Center 2.5 Update 2.

It seens the new version of Update Manager is taking 10 minutes to scan a Host. I didn't recall it taking that long before the upgrade. Anyone else having that experience?

It finishes and looks fine but, that seems to long. I tried to run a scan on the same Host immediately after to see if it was just the intitial scan but the 2nd scan took 10 minutes as well.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Is it only the 1 host you are having trouble with? I would restart the hostd daemon on it, 'service mgmt-vmware restart'. Then, rescan again.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
ian4563
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I had this issue too when I upgraded to U2. Also, all my old scan VM scheduled jobs would hang when run. After I deleted all my old scheduled jobs and recreated them both problems went away.

jaygriffin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vmproteau,

Yes! And this is killing me. Did you find a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In my case it turned out to be some fields that weren't set properly in the vci-integrity.xml file. The update to Update Manager appeared to go fine during the VC 2.5 U2 upgrade. The support engineer said he'd seen this (and similar) happen on some upgrades. To clarify, for me, in addition to the slow scans I couldn't remediate either.

In my case it was this line below. The server name wasn't there. After modifying this, scans and remediation works. The scan take about 3-4 minutes now which still seems long compared to before the upgrade but it's working.

<PatchDepotUrl>http://server name:80/vci/hostupdates/hostupdate</PatchDepotUrl>

0 Kudos