VMware Cloud Community
WAMTech
Contributor
Contributor

Same bios UUID in ESX hosts conflicts with Akorri balance point software. Need help

Hi all I have a farm with 8 hosts and 4 of them have the same bios UUID. There are no issues with anything i've been doing for the past two years. These are SUN x4450 boxes and I installed ESX3.5 from CD on each of these hosts. Again everything is working fine so far. The issue now is with Akorri Balance Point monitoring software. For some reason when I ran through discovery of my hosts in Akorri BP 4 of my hosts come back as undetected because they have the same bios UUID. After speaking with Akorri's tech support they said that is how the application identifies the uniqueness of each of the hosts it discovers. So their solution is to manually change the UUID of the duplicate hosts.

Have any of you come across something similar where the UUID needs to be changed for the host? I came across a few posts but there isn't much information out there. If any of you can share some good reasources i'll appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies