VMware Cloud Community
Hernan_Gutmer
Contributor
Contributor

SEL Fullness for System Board

Hello guys,

There is an alert in one of my ESX Host 3.5 build 110268 in Health Status / Item "Other" "SEL Fullness for System Board 1.

I checked on internet and i did not find anything about that error, just some things about Sensor but i´m not sure.

Anyone know anything about that ?

Thank you!!

Hernan Gutmer

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jiths
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is a CIM alert and indicates that your System Event Log is full.There is maximum limit for the SEL entries and it indicates that the limit is reached.No new SEL entries will be updated (power supply,fan,chassis intrusion etc).The easiest way to clear this is to log into Remote Management and clear Event Logs in BMC (Baseboard Management Controller).Think you may need to do a restart to take this update.

Another option is to install a CIM client (sblim package on Linux) and invoke CIM_RecordLog class extrinsic method ClearLog()(can use webmcli command in Linux) .

0 Kudos
tctatum
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting this error on two of the IBM hosts in an ESX cluster. When you say access Remote Management? How do you access or get to the log to reset it?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jiths
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The solution I have given was

specific to hardware. IBM provide a remote access provision in server

through network called Remote Supervisor Adapter II, DELL and HP is

also provides this feature as DRAC and ILO respectively.

If this is a IBM server then you will get this option under server>Monitors>Event log in RSA.

If you are using Vsphere/Vcenter you have this option available from VC

server itself.If you enable Hardware-status tab plugin in VCenter

server, under alerts& warnings also you will get this option.

0 Kudos
beth22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You should take a look at this, a document from IBM: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1011612

0 Kudos