VMware Cloud Community
virtuon
Contributor
Contributor

SCSI Disk not appearing under storage tab

Hi All,

I am new to vmware , i am evaluating ESX 3.5 update 4 , i have installed ESX Server , VC Server sucessfully . I have connected to currently avilable storage over iSCSI . Now when i am logging it to VC , i have enabled iSCSI adpater , here i can see http://vmhba... adapter as well as when i do rescan it shows thats it is able to communicate and make initial handshake with iSCSI target . .

But none of the disk are appering under configuration > Storage tab.

Please let me know what i need to do in order to correct this .

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
runclear
Expert
Expert

did you click the "Add Storage" button? in the "storage" configuration section...

-

-------------------- What the f* is the cloud?!
0 Kudos
virtuon
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but nothing is apperaing there so i am unable to create it .

0 Kudos
Datto
Expert
Expert

Make sure you've given ISCSI access rights to the IP address assigned to your VMKernel port on your ESX host as well as access to the IP that is assigned to your Service Console on your ESX host. Both have to have access to your ISCSI space in order for you to see the ISCSI disk space.

Datto

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

what kind of SAN are you using? Are you sure you gave the ESX hosts permissions to access the LUNs? Seems like it doesn't have access for some reason to the LUNs.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
virtuon
Contributor
Contributor

@Datto

Can you point me to appropriate doc which gives step by step procedure of giving access rights to VMKernal IP to access iSCSI disks . Uptill i have assined one IP to VMKernal .

0 Kudos
Datto
Expert
Expert

Each ISCSI model/server has their own way of giving access. Which ISCSI server are you using?

Datto

0 Kudos