VMware Cloud Community
asbajaber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SAN Storage Device (DataStore) can't be seen by all hosts

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with a newly added SAN storage device (LUN).

I have 3 hosts running with a shared Datastore (SAN) that is working great. Now I have a new shared SAN device connected to all hosts but when I "add storage" to host1 and refresh the storage of the other hosts (confguration -> storage -> refresh), I can see the created Datastore only on host1 and host3. when I choose "add storage" on host2 it destroyes the created Datastore and create a new one that is only seen by host2.

I tried several times to add and refresh but the same results come again,

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It would take sometime for another hosts to see the new datastore created on another host. How bout reboot your host 2?

VMware newbie..

Zen Systems Sdn Bhd

www.no-x.org

http://www.no-x.org

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dellboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sounds like a permissions thing...

If Fibre Channel SAN, have you added the new device/volume to your ESX zone, so your ESX Hosts are allowed to access it?

If iSCSI, have you added the Host IP/IQN to the ACL of the new volume; If it has a new IP target address, have you added it to your HBA so it knows about it?

0 Kudos
asbajaber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply dellboy,

The permissions are ok !

I can see the new device from all HBAs (configurations -> storage adapters -> fiber chanel host adapter)

0 Kudos
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It would take sometime for another hosts to see the new datastore created on another host. How bout reboot your host 2?

VMware newbie..

Zen Systems Sdn Bhd

www.no-x.org

http://www.no-x.org
0 Kudos
asbajaber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks to all for your time,

I restarted the host and now the new Datastore is seen by all hosts

0 Kudos