VMware Cloud Community
galibai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Running Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 on a VM

Hi, I am wondering can I run a Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 from MS on a VM ? OR I need to have a Physical Server to test it?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I do not know the answer to your question - but I do have a question for your - Why would you want to do that?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I do not know the answer to your question - but I do have a question for your - Why would you want to do that?

0 Kudos
galibai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have a microsoft disks and the only way that I know that will work in to install the Virtual Server. Can I convert those disks into vmdk files ? I dont know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can actually use VMware Converter to import a VHD and create a VM on an ESX server -

0 Kudos