VMware Cloud Community
VCPGuru
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Resize/delete partitions

During the ESX 3.5 installation I created a /work partition, how could I delete this partition? Could I, after I have deleted this partition expand my VMFS (Local storage)?

could I resisze the / directory (I want resize the directory from 10gb to 5gb)

thank you in advance

Best Regards Simon Ciglia
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can't grow you VMFS volume just by changing it's size. You would need to add additional partitions to the disk which is sub-optimal in my opinion. My suggestion would be is backup all vm's and reinstall the machine the way you want it and import the vm's. Would lead to a high stability and less error prone.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For partitioning you can use "fdisk".

After partitioning, you can add them with the VI Client in the configuration tab.

depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can't grow you VMFS volume just by changing it's size. You would need to add additional partitions to the disk which is sub-optimal in my opinion. My suggestion would be is backup all vm's and reinstall the machine the way you want it and import the vm's. Would lead to a high stability and less error prone.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos