VMware Cloud Community
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor

Reboot needed after AD change

I currently have a 10 esx 3.0.1 environment that is using AD to authenticate using teh following syntax

esxcfg-auth --enablead --addomain=XXXXX.com --addc=dc03.XXXXX.com

We have since been bought out and I need to change the domain. I just reran thesyntax above with the new domain but before I can login directly to the server using the VC client I needed to reboot the server. Is there a service that I can restart instead of rebooting?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
avas
Contributor
Contributor

Please, restart mgmt-vmware service using following command: service mgmt-vmware restart

Restart of service takes long (in my environment about 2 minutes). Please, refer to /var/log/vmware/hostd.log file it should stop adding debug lines before you can login by Virtual Infrastructure Client. To spy this process smoothly use watch -n 1 "tail /var/log/vmware/hostd.log" command

Also, all autostarting VMs will be started.

0 Kudos
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor

I restarted the service and still no dice. I keep getting access denied. I tailed the log and does not log anything wheter I am trying to log in through ssh or through VC client.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

What if you restart the vmkernel authorization daemon - service vmware-vmkauthd stop / service vmware-vmkauthd start

0 Kudos
fitzie22
Contributor
Contributor

Still the same. I am sure it is a servivce that needs to be restarted becasue if i reboot it then it works.

0 Kudos