VMware Cloud Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

Ram updation problem in esx host

hi previously we were using 8 gb of ram in my esx host .now are trying to increase the ram in esx host but when we installed extra ram of same configuration in my esx host server the system is not responding and in othe r server ram count (GB) is not updated in esx configuration

please telll me the solution.

Ravi
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Hi

So can you see the newly added memory in the BIOS ?

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Would guess that the new memory is not compatible with the hardware and this issue has nothing to do with VMWare being installed on the server.

What server hardware are you using and what model / type memory have you purchased?

0 Kudos
penghaug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi,

Or start with your server configuration guide(IBM/HP/DELL), lookup memory and check that the new memory has required specifications, and see install procedure for adding memory. If they must be installed in pairs/smalest DIMM first etc etc.

-Pål-André

-Pål-André
0 Kudos
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

install the ram as per procedure and after upgrading ram physically on the server we need to save sttings from bios also ,that what i did and my server now showing 16 gb ram and working fine now.

Thnaks for your support

Ravi
0 Kudos