VMware Cloud Community
talmizrahi
Contributor
Contributor

RAS Server

Hi, i need to P2V my RAS Server to the ESX. The server has 2 nic: 1. To the Local Network 2. To the DMZ Network

How should I configure the ESX ? it has 2 nics and only one is connected to the local Lan.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - If possible I would use a seperate physical NIC and connect that to your DMZ and create a new virtual switch using that isolated physical nic so that way you are creating a physical sepration of the DMZ - if that is not possible you would have to set virtual LANs

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
talmizrahi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! a seperate physical NIC is available. How i'm creating vSwitch ? I don't see this option.

Tal.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

To create or add a virtual network for a virtual machine

1 Log in to the VMware VIClient and select the server from the inventory panel.

2 Click the Configuration tab and click Networking.

3 On the right side of the screen, click Add Networking. Virtual switches are presented in a layout that shows an overview and details.

4 Click Add Networking from the Configuration tab.

5 As a connection type, select Virtual Machines, which is the default. Selecting Virtual Machines lets you add a labeled network to handle virtual machine network traffic.

6 Click Next.

7 Select Create a virtual switch. Changes are reflected in the Preview pane.

8 Click Next.

9 Under Port Group Properties, type a network label that identifies the port group that you are creating. In your case call it DMZ so you know it is connected to the DMZ

10 If you are using a VLAN, in the VLAN ID field, type a number between 1 and 4095. If you are unsure what to enter, leave this blank or ask your network administrator.

11 Click Next.

12 After you have determined that the vSwitch is configured correctly, click Finish.