VMware Cloud Community
sandipsshimpi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Question Regarding ESX Infrastrastructure Client

Dear All,

I just having one query that in my ESX Infrastructure Client i am not able to find or get one vmimage i have checked all physical esx hosts but couldnt find particular image but that image is up and running fine as i am able to get the RDP, Ping etc.,

Can someone pls reply?

Brgds,

Sandip SS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

You need to clearify here. You write both ESX and Vmware server what is it you are using?

If it is ESX then the vmware-cmd is a console command for the esx host. Not at Vm (guest)

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

If you are sure you have the permission to see it and still can't find it. Then do this listing on the host console.

vmware-cmd -l you can grep for the name. ( ex. vmware-cmd -l |grep servername

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
sandipsshimpi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Apprecite your help, really thanks for it,

But when i am giving this command on command prompt that command is not recognised, Windows OS is installed on that host where ESX Infrastructure client is installed.

Details like ESX Host holding the image is working fine i can take the RDP of that image.

I am connecting from my Laptop using VMWARE Infrastructure Client and i can see all clusters, host and deployed images except this particular in the client.

My Main host where VMWARE Server is installed is having Windows 2003 Ent. Server installed.

Once again thanks and appreciate your help.

BR

Sandip SS

0 Kudos
penghaug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi,

Can you browse the datastores connected to the ESX servers? And if can you see a folder containing you "VM" name?

LarsLiljeroth is talking about the ESX service console (you will not be able to use those commands in your CMD window)

And one last thing, be sure that you have all the rights you need.

-Pål-André

-Pål-André
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

You need to clearify here. You write both ESX and Vmware server what is it you are using?

If it is ESX then the vmware-cmd is a console command for the esx host. Not at Vm (guest)

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

0 Kudos
sandipsshimpi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Lars Liljeroth and Pål-André ,

Really appreciate your sincere efforts in this.

Actually I am having VMWARE Server which is connected to all ESX Hosts in our Environment but as i am not able to take the console of ESX Host OS i cannot try with the command you suggested.

But really thanks for your support.

BR

Sandip

0 Kudos