VMware Cloud Community
TG11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problems updating vmware tools on a windows 2000 vm - still get "out of date"

We are running esx 3.0.2 with VC 2.0.2. I have 1 vm running windows 2000 and I cannot seem to update the vmware tools. It still says "out of date". I load it and installs fine but I still get out of date. I've tried removing and reinstalling and also just overwriting the vmware tools but still no good. All my win2003 vm's are fine. This is our only windows 2000 vm. How do I resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

SP4 installed? Make sure you are up to date.

You have to uninstall the Tools, then remove the existing network card, then reboot. Reinstall the Tools then reboot again. That should clear it up.

Check the event viewer for possible problems with the install if this does not fix it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You might try restarting the mgmt-vmware and vmware-vpxa services on the ESX Server. Also if you connect direct to ESX does it show out of date?

RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

SP4 installed? Make sure you are up to date.

You have to uninstall the Tools, then remove the existing network card, then reboot. Reinstall the Tools then reboot again. That should clear it up.

Check the event viewer for possible problems with the install if this does not fix it.

0 Kudos