VMware Cloud Community
janecek
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Backup (Networker / VCB)

Hello,

I have problem with backup VM. We use Networker, whitch have include VCB. The backup went correct, but now is getting this error. Anybody know what is wrong?? Thank you for reply and sorry for my english Smiley Happy

[2011-02-21 13:37:01.555 'BaseLibs' 6816 warning] SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

* The host name used for the connection does not match the subject name on the host certificate

* A certificate in the host's chain is based on an untrusted root.
[2011-02-21 13:37:01.555 'BaseLibs' 6816 warning] SSLVerifyIsEnabled: failed to read registry value. Assuming verification is disabled. LastError = 0
[2011-02-21 13:37:01.555 'BaseLibs' 6816 warning] SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: Certificate verification is disabled, so connection will proceed despite the error
Deleted directory X:\mnt\vm.domain.cz-fullVM
External command failed. See error above.
Exit Code: 1

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
alefestaedist
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

DO you use self created certifcate on the vSphere host?

I see this one too "Deleted directory X:\mnt\vm.domain.cz-fullVM" that could be related to the VCB config file that got a non existing path in it can you check the config file of vcb if there is such path? (X:\mnt)

0 Kudos
janecek
Contributor
Contributor

1. We have disabled SSL certificate verification on a VCB proxy. This value is not set (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware     Consolidated Backup -> VerifySSLCertificates ).

2. X:\mnt is correct patch.

0 Kudos
alefestaedist
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Version of ESX?

Version of vCenter?

VCB?

0 Kudos
ShantanuVCP
Contributor
Contributor

The errors what you have got, probably you can ignore it. It appears to be SSL certification authentication error. You probably get the same error while you login to the Virtual Center and you just ignore it. You need to install the certificate to get rid of this error. Otherwise its okay to ignore it. Your backups are all successful and the best way to troubleshoot in case if you face any issues related to VCB is to use the vcbmounter. More info on this you can refer to the following link.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100297...

If you are happy with my answer consider awarding points. Thanks

0 Kudos
janecek
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.5.0 build-238493

VMware VirtualCenter 2.5.0 build-174768

VCB Version 1.5.0.4948 (build-150805)

0 Kudos
alefestaedist
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I agree that you could safely ignore the warning but from the log I would say that you got the registry key on the vcenter but not on the vcb proxy, may you confirm that you launch vcb from a different machine than vcenter?

In this case try to add the registry key on both the machines.

0 Kudos
ShantanuVCP
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I just ignored your earlier post. I agree that you need to set the following registry value to 0 , to get rid of the error or else you can safely ignore it.

To get rid of the error, perform the following steps:

1. Locate the following key using the Microsoft Registry Editor (regedit.exe):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Consolidated Backup
  2. Make sure that the DWORD entry VerifySSLCertificates exists. If it does not, create a new DWORD entry VerifySSLCertificates.
  3. Set the value for this entry to 0.
0 Kudos
janecek
Contributor
Contributor

to ShantanuVCP

I try it and then reply solution

to alefestaedist

i haven't set this value. I will set the registry like post ShantanuVCP

And i couldn't move the VCB to another machine.

0 Kudos
ShantanuVCP
Contributor
Contributor

Did it work?

0 Kudos
janecek
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's working, now.

After I set the registry value and made backup, VCB got me a new log, where was a new error, which told me more.

Thank you guys

0 Kudos