VMware Cloud Community
anatanotenshi
Contributor
Contributor

Problem accessing consoles

Greetings.

Some days ago I had a malfunction in my UPS an the file system went corrupt so I fixed /var/log, after that I cannot access consoles in any of my four Guest OSs. The following message appears...

Error connecting to authd on host 10.2.0.1.

When server starts it shows that everything is OK. I thought it could be something about my licence server (it is mounted in a local VM) but it works fine, it tells me that they are working.

Any help woul be appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
anatanotenshi
Contributor
Contributor

This is an update...

I'm able to enter my VM's via Terminal server and, through Virtual Center Server(10.2.1.2 address) using VI I'm able to use consoles but, I still cannot access consoles directly at 10.2.0.1 host using VI nor WEB (i had no problem with WEB before).

Thanks

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If this is ESX - make sure the / directory in the service console is not filled up - use the ocmmand vdf -h from the console - if it is clean some space out and this should alleviate your problem -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

deleted -- double post

Message was edited by: weinstein5

0 Kudos
anatanotenshi
Contributor
Contributor

All the partitions have an amount of 30% used, so there's enough space...

Thanks a lot for your anwer.

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

I'm not sure if this works but place the static entries for all ESX hosts to /etc/hosts files to see if that works, because it seems to fix the problems with MKS can't connect to console when using vSphere and which means Mouse, Keyboard and Screen, but doesn't hurt to place the entries since its a standard practices on ESX builds anyways.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
anatanotenshi
Contributor
Contributor

Actually this is the only server right now, so it's registered in /etc/hosts

# cat hosts

1. Do not remove the following line, or various programs

2. that require network functionality will fail.

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

10.2.0.1 vmhost01.mydomain.com vmhost01

0 Kudos
anatanotenshi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, anybody else? Surely somebody have had a similar issue...

0 Kudos
anatanotenshi
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks anyway. Do anybody know of another good forum to try to solve this topic??? Not on vmware.com.

0 Kudos
reverseninja
Contributor
Contributor

At work we've got one person who, on their laptop, has this problem. No one else is affected thus far. We have attempted to reinstall the VIC but that doesn't make a lick of difference.

0 Kudos