VMware Cloud Community
gdragats
Contributor
Contributor

Powerpath 5.2 with VCB 1.5

All,

Can I get some comments on VCB1.5 with Powerpath 5.2. As I undesrtand it, PP is now supported. Why is it that that the only way I could get VCB to correctly do a SAN backup which included the config file, logs files and vmdk's was without PP?

How it was configured:

• W2K2 ent, 64 bit OS with all appropriate LUNS (CLARiiON CX4-120), VCB 1.5, naviagent, Powerpath 5.2 (and all the other usual configured asuch as autodismount etc...)

• Single path to CLARiiON SP's

• TRied running script to initiate backup, only vabked up the config and log files with no backups of the vmdk

How I configured it:

• REmoved PP

• Disabled a path to SP-B

• Re-ran VCB for the specific VM, and there you have it. Backup Succesfull

Whats the story? Documentation says it is supported, BUT does not work. Anyone have any thoughts /comments? Am I missing anything?

gd

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not sure if it has anything to to do with your problem, but in this KB linked below it says:

"Only 32 bit versions of Powerpath are supported on the VCB proxy"

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1007479&sl...

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
gdragats
Contributor
Contributor

HI Rubeck,

Tried that also. Sorry shouldof mentioned it. Even though I completed this implementation a few weeks ago, I will check it out again.

I'll post back with my answer.

Thanks for that.

gd

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No prob.... Ohh and btw...

Is VCB even supported on Win2K? I thought it needed Win2K3 (or 2008 experimental for v1.5) ?

/Rubeck

0 Kudos