VMware Cloud Community
virtualportal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ports needed to migrate templates between ESXs in Different FW Zones

Hi,

I have an ESX in Location1 that is hosting templates. I have another group of ESX's in Loacation2. I would like to deploy a VM to a ESX in Location2 from a Template in Location1.

We have a firewall sitting between Location 1 and location two. ESX's on both Sites are managed by a vCentre Server on Location1.

The Firewall already has 902,903,443,27010 and 27000 open between the vCentre Server and the LAN in Location2. HOwever we still cannot deploy vms in lcoation2 from templates in location1.

I read something that was rather vague about opening port 902 between ESX's on different FW Zones. Can anybody confirm if this is that is stopping this from working. Do i need to open Port 902 TCP and UDP between the two LANs in both directions? Also is there anything else that needs opening between these. We are not using HA, DRS or vMotion at present as all VMs are on local storage.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Check out kb article 1006865.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Check out kb article 1006865.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
virtualportal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thats Brilliant. Just what i thought.

I didn't want to submit the Request to the Firewall team and have something missing.

Thanks a lot for your help. I will have to start using this site more its very useful.

Steve

0 Kudos