VMware Cloud Community
media_gen
Contributor
Contributor

Permissions not updating

I am doing some testing with User Permissions within the VI Client and Web Access. I added a "test account" to have access to one of our resource pools, I have removed the user and I'm still able to login with that account. Is there another step in removing a users access? Or does it just take a while to update?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
gogogo5
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Seen this too and have found it takes a while to update.

0 Kudos
media_gen
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had trouble accessing the VMware Web Access with IE 7? I have a user that has access at the resource pool level for his group and it propagates down to his virtual machines. When he logs in to Web Access he gets nothing, I'm hoping its a problem with IE7 and not a bigger issue.

Is there anything I special I need to setup to give him access to his VMs within Web Access? His access within the VI Client works perfectly.

0 Kudos
gogogo5
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

media_gen
Contributor
Contributor

I'll give that a shot on his machine.

Another quick question, should I be able to see my "ESX Hosts" within Web Access?

0 Kudos
gogogo5
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No, only VMs are visible in Web Access. You can see which host is running your VM but you cannot see the hosts themselves.

media_gen
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I thought, I just haven't looked at the Web Access since my "install and configure" class back in January.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
gogogo5
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No probs, good luck!

0 Kudos
media_gen
Contributor
Contributor

Man, I think that "test account" I added won't remove itself. I had another account I added a while back that still appears to have access in the VI Client.

Can you go into the database and manually remove accounts somehow? I might need to open a support request for this one.

0 Kudos
gogogo5
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have never resorted to editing the database to remove an account. How have you setup your permissions? local accounts, domain accounts etc etc

0 Kudos
media_gen
Contributor
Contributor

Permissions are setup with Domain Accounts, I have accounts that were added a few days back that can still login after being removed.

I checked the Table in the database that keeps this information and the username is nowhere to be found. Time for a support request I guess.

Todd

0 Kudos