VMware Cloud Community
kjg19
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PCNS v2.2.3 compatibility with ESX 3.5?

I have noticed other threads that have said they have v2.2.1 working with esx3.5 but I can not seem to find the download on apc's website any longer. they only have the newest v2.2.3 out there. Is this new version compatible? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes it can and there is no reboot of the ESX host needed.

Please let me now when youre trying to test the "shutdown" sequence because i would like to know if it works for you. If it works... your ESX goes down so be sure that you have shutdown all VMs first exept one for the testing.

--

Remember if you found this or others answers helpful do not forget to award points by marking an answer as helpful or correct

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

No, the current version wont work under ESX 3.5. The old version can be download from the ftp[1]. It installs without a problem and connecting them to the USV is easy. Be sure to configure on or more events and test if they works. In my case the "on battery" event doesnt triggert anything and nothing happends 😐

Regards

Joerg

kjg19
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Altix! I am downloading it now. This may be an stupid question, but how do I save that file to my service console in order to run it from the console?

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Well,

- we have NFS mounts on all of our ESX server

- i have installed wget to fetch stuff from local webservers

- another way would be to use scp or pscp (if using windows)

- maybe uploading the file with the datastore browser is also a solution

scp filename username@host:/tmp

regards

Joerg

--

Remember if you found this or others answers helpful do not forget to award points by marking an answer as helpful or correct

kjg19
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Altix, can this be installed while vm's are running? and does the host need to restarted after it is finished installing? thx!

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes it can and there is no reboot of the ESX host needed.

Please let me now when youre trying to test the "shutdown" sequence because i would like to know if it works for you. If it works... your ESX goes down so be sure that you have shutdown all VMs first exept one for the testing.

--

0 Kudos