VMware Cloud Community
MikeS1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

P2V Network issue.

Hi All,

I have an issue that I hope someone will be able to help with?

I'm in the process of virtualising one of our servers using VMware converter. The server resides within the DMZ and has 2 network cards in the physical box. One points internally the other externally. The hardware also uses Microsoft MDM Mobile VPN Driver. (pleas see attached for Nic setup)

Basically after the P2V process I'm able to Ping the now virtual server, but can do nothing else. I cannot even RDP to it. If I run netstat from the command prompt there is nothing. Not even local services.

I've tried removing all network hardware and re-adding it, I've tried using only one network card, different IP addresses and I have tried removing non present hardware from the server all to no avail.

I have performed a successful P2V in our DMZ before with no issues. I suspect that some network hardware/software isn't happy. Any help would be great.

Mike.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
naveen1701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi, can u try uninstalling the vpn driver and start p2v....

MikeS1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

This would be tricky as it is a live server. Could be try it if there is no other way.

0 Kudos
ctcbod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Mike,

Have you had a look at the original hardware devices that reside after the conversion and are hidden in device manager? They will keep the IP settings of the old physical adapters and will not allow you to allocate the same address to the virtual NICs so they may need removing.

PK

MikeS1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I managed to resolve this by running the netsh winsock reset command on the VM itself. Thanks for your replies.

Mike.

0 Kudos