VMware Cloud Community
Jologs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

P to V files now in ESX, the Guest OS boots but I get the ff error....

I ran the the converter to create the .vmdk files. I was able to move the files on the ESX server. I ran this utility on the ESX server, "vmkfstools -i /FULL_PATH/GSX_VM.vmdk NEW_VM_NAME.vmdk" The Guest OS now boots but I get this error every time it boots. Should I be concerned with this error ? I just hit 'No' to the prompt below. Thanks.

Message from usban-esx01: The disk connected to the scsi0:0 node has been created for a BusLogic SCSI adapter, but the virtual machine's scsi0 device is a LSI Logic SCSI adapter. VMware ESX Server can change the disk's adapter type to LSI Logic. Use caution; if a guest operating system is installed on this disk, it may not be able to boot. Do you want VMware ESX Server to change the adapter type for scsi0:0 disk?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What OS are you running on the VM? Windows 2000 VM's should use the Buslogic controller, 2003 VM's should use the LSI Logic controller. I would say Yes since you do not want that error appearing because it will prevent your VM from starting until you answer the question each time. If you get a blue screen afterwards you can edit the VM's settings and change the adapter back.

Also here's a tip to use for Windows 2003 VM's to change the controller...

http://www.vmware-land.com/Vmware_Tips.html#VM3

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What OS are you running on the VM? Windows 2000 VM's should use the Buslogic controller, 2003 VM's should use the LSI Logic controller. I would say Yes since you do not want that error appearing because it will prevent your VM from starting until you answer the question each time. If you get a blue screen afterwards you can edit the VM's settings and change the adapter back.

Also here's a tip to use for Windows 2003 VM's to change the controller...

http://www.vmware-land.com/Vmware_Tips.html#VM3

0 Kudos
Jologs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi esiebert7625, your tip gave me the courage to change it to LSI Logic. The VM did not blue screen on me after the change. I did not have to change it the .vmx file as well. After I changed it to LSI, it no longer prompts me everytime it boots. Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.....The VM was originally a WIN2K server upgraded to WIN2K3 during its physical state.

0 Kudos