VMware Cloud Community
khairulnizam
Contributor
Contributor

Orphaned Datastore

Hi,

Facing problem with few of datastore in a cluster. Remove few of them but still there is other hosts in the same cluster showing the datastore.

Question:

How we can remove it as the LUN presented already unpresent from the ESX hosts.

thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Did you try to rescan the HBA, that will remove it from the HOST if not , try to remove it from the HOST in vCenter.

Regards,

Jana.

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

Regards, Jana. NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
khairulnizam
Contributor
Contributor

Try all known ways ..

from the VC .. and also from the SC .. still the same result.

0 Kudos
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could to paste the error message and the screenshot? Follow the below as well.

Step 1)

1. Open Virtual Infrastructure Client and select the 'Hosts and Clusters' view

2. Select one of your ESX hosts

3. Select the 'Configuration' tab

4. Select 'Storage (SCSI, SAN, and NFS)' from the left-hand menu (under the 'Hardware' section)

5. Right-click the datastore and select 'Remove'

6. ReScan the HBA

Step 2 )

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1006219

Step 3)

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1015084

Regards,

Jana.

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.

Regards, Jana. NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved / answered, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
khairulnizam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

try 1st KB .. still the same. 2nd KB it for

Product Versions:

VMware ESX 4.0.x

VMware ESXi 4.0.x Embedded

VMware ESXi 4.0.x Installable

i am running on ESX3.5U5

Attached is the error.

0 Kudos
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you use VI client and login into the server and remove it manually?

Regards,

Jana.

0 Kudos
khairulnizam
Contributor
Contributor

Try that with the same error.

Other option i not yet try is to reboot the ESX. I need to consider that as a last option but if there is someone out there able to resolve this by rebooting the ESX host then I will give a try.

0 Kudos
janardhanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hope you need to put it in the maintiance mode and take a restart, I dont see any other is possible.

Regards,

Jana.

0 Kudos
khairulnizam
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Jana for the advice. I will try to reboot it and update here later on.

0 Kudos
khairulnizam
Contributor
Contributor

Seem like rebooting the ESX solved my problem.

Thanks jana for the time ..

0 Kudos