VMware Cloud Community
thomn8r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Number of running VCPUs limit exceeded

Just got this error trying to power on a new VM. I did some research, and it seems there's an arbitrary limit on the number of running vCPUs.

Is it possible to change this limit? The server in question is an 8-way quad-core (thats 32 cores) DL785 with 256Gb of RAM - it's nowhere near being stressed, so for us, this artificial limit (192 vCPU from what I've seen ) is unreasonably low.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

192 vCPU's is the hard limit for 3.5.x. You can probably change it, but it wouldn't be supported, nor do I know if it would work.

It would be under the Configuration Tab, Advanced Settings, Misc---Misc.Running VCpuLimit.

again, I would advise not to change it.... Not only are you at a 192 vCPU, but you have a limit of 170 VMs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

192 vCPU's is the hard limit for 3.5.x. You can probably change it, but it wouldn't be supported, nor do I know if it would work.

It would be under the Configuration Tab, Advanced Settings, Misc---Misc.Running VCpuLimit.

again, I would advise not to change it.... Not only are you at a 192 vCPU, but you have a limit of 170 VMs

0 Kudos
thomn8r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. That param shows a min of 0 and a max of 1024.

0 Kudos