VMware Cloud Community
bedwardsphs
Contributor
Contributor

No option for connection server

Hello,

I am having an issues with my VMview server. I have created a new VM on a different Vcenter and I would llike to be able to add this VM to VMview server. I installed the agent on the VM but its not giving the me option to put in my connection server. Has anyone seen this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

the vCenter Server that is hosting this guest in question is also a connection in your View Administrator? You should be able to add in an individual desktop

0 Kudos
bedwardsphs
Contributor
Contributor

No it is not to the same Vcenter. i tried adding this Vcenter but connect alway fails. I am not sure if the versions compatible.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

you can have multiple connections to different vCenter instances. What version of vCenter and what version of View are you running?

0 Kudos
bedwardsphs
Contributor
Contributor

I am running ESX version 4 and VM View version 3.5.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

What kind of error message do you receive when trying to add the second vCenter to View? Do you have appropriate credentials to the second vCenter server?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

there is no View 3.5. Can you log into your View Administrator and get the version for me (click on the about hyperlink in the top right corner). Also, in your configuration button you should see a place to add in your vCenter Servers.

With all that said, if you are running vSphere4 (ESX4), View 3.x is not supported.

0 Kudos