VMware Cloud Community
ChrisOng
Contributor
Contributor

No GMT for esx for KL Server

Hi,

I would like to deloy the first esx serve 3.5 in KL.(Kula Lumpur)

During Installation, I could not find any GMT, what should I do ?

I do not think UTC i required. Thus, this is uncheck.

Next, I select Asia/Malaysia , for UTC it show UTC+8 (Should this be selected)?

I could not find any GMT + 8, Please advise

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Ideally you would want to set the system clock of your ESX server to GMT (London time) - then set your location as you have done Asia/Malaysia and check the UTC box - this will tell ESX that your system clock is set to Universal Time or GMT - If you have your system clock set to local time then leave the UTC box unchecked -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by markign the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ChrisOng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If i unchecked UTC and select Asia/Malaysia, Is a must for me to select UTC+8 ?

Any implication is UTC + 8 is not selected?

Thanks

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If I understand your question - it should not matter which one you choose Asia/Malaysia or UTC+8 - both will set the time zone correctly - my preference is to yse the location tab so I would use the Asia/Malaysia -

If you find this or any other answer helpful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
ChrisOng
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Am I right to say that I can select Asia/Malaysia and don't have to click on the tabl (UTC + 8).

Let say I have select Asia/Malaysia and accidently Select UCT + 6 ( instead of UTC +8) and the UTC checkbox is not checked. What is the implicaiton in this case?

Thanks

0 Kudos