VMware Cloud Community
kishore007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Network adapter not working on any of the windows images on ESX server 3.5

We have an ESX server.No Network issues with ESX server.Can access the same using vmware vi client/vm ware v sphere from my windows machine

I have many windows images on the ESX server.When i boot up any of the windows images on the esx server, the network adapter of the windows machine is not coming up.

When i right click on My network-->Properties, i am not able to see the LAN Icon.Only new network icon appears.

Any thoughts on where i could be going wrong.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have the virtual NICs of your VMs connnected to virtual machine port groups on virtual switches that have physical NICs? If you do are you using vLANs and if you are is your physical switch ocnfigured correctly?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have the virtual NICs of your VMs connnected to virtual machine port groups on virtual switches that have physical NICs? If you do are you using vLANs and if you are is your physical switch ocnfigured correctly?

0 Kudos
Wimo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

All VMs created from the same original image? Check the Network Connections service.

kishore007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
kishore007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos