VMware Cloud Community
bandido1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple ESX 3.5 Farms on Same Network

I'm transitioning my system to a domain with a current ESX 3.5 Server Farm (EMC SAN attached). I have a similar setup......are there any issues that I need to be concerned about with two ESX farms on the same network??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awong505
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No. Other than the obvious ones (don't use conflicting IP addresses for example). Does your current virtual center manage both the cluster that is moving and the existing cluster?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
awong505
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No. Other than the obvious ones (don't use conflicting IP addresses for example). Does your current virtual center manage both the cluster that is moving and the existing cluster?

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the forums,

That's no problem at all as long as you use different IP addresses of course. I think a lot of people actually do this during migrations and never heard anyone before that had issues.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

bandido1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

awong505: Thanks for the post. No my virtual center does not manage both clusters. Do you foresee a problem in regards to management?

0 Kudos
awong505
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Don't foresee any problems. You may want to consider managing them with a single virtual center depending on the scenario as it will make it easier to manage. You can use roles within Virtual Center to isolate people to managing only one of the clusters if that is a concern.