ppinto
Contributor
Contributor

Monitoring Raid on an ESX Server

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I ave three esx servers. 2 are HP Proliant servers and the other a Dell Poweredge.

Is there anyway I can monitor the status of the hard disks of the server? Typically I would use dell openmanage or hp insight manager to monitor the disks but I am not sure the best approach on hwo to do this with ESX.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Patriick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal

Load the 7.7 agents if you're using ESX 3.0.1, if you're on 3.0.2 that supports 7.8

I'm not sure if it was just me, but I recently installed a bunch of servers with Insight agents and the Array configuration utility was ommited from the install. I had to download and install this seperatley.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GarionBrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You are already on the right track. Both Insight Manager and Open Manage can provide monitoring. You just have to install them on the ESX hosts;

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/esx30_cfg_mgmt_tools.pdf

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal

Load the 7.7 agents if you're using ESX 3.0.1, if you're on 3.0.2 that supports 7.8

I'm not sure if it was just me, but I recently installed a bunch of servers with Insight agents and the Array configuration utility was ommited from the install. I had to download and install this seperatley.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
zyx100
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What exactly you want? Do you want to be able to monitor individual hard drives that are members of some RAID volume? Or what?

0 Kudos