VMware Cloud Community
andry79job
Contributor
Contributor

Monitor SNAPSHOT STATUS

Hello

there's a way to "monitor" or generate a Report about Open Snapshot in a Vmware Virtual Structure?

In my Ced happens that :

- some Vizioncore backup Failed and Machine remain in "Consolidate Helper Snapshot"

- some Technician forget Snapshot on test Machine.

When i see this Snapshot, I delete it but i need to manually analyze all the structure to find it.

Can i make a Script o set up an e-mail monitor that warn me about Snapshot?

Tank You to all

(my VirtualCenter is 2.5.0)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mturn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Have you considered using Hyper9 to perform monitoring and alerting of your virtual infrastructure?

To address your question specifically, Hyper9 ships with predefined reports to help you better manage your snapshots. You can quickly run reports and create alerts about:

1. What machines have snapshots

2. How old the snapshots are

3. How much disk space the snapshots are consuming

Hyper9 gives you transparent visibility of your VI by collecting data on VMs, Snapshots, Datastores, Guests, and Hosts. Our search paradigm allows you to extend our predefined reports to meet your specific needs.

Please go to to see a live demo of our product.

If you would like more information please do not hesitate to private message me.

Thank you,

Mav Turner

Hyper9 Sales Team

0 Kudos
vishy123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PowerCli daily report does this job for me, the report shows many days old the snapshots against the VM, by default over 14 days plus many more existing features.

http://www.virtu-al.net/2009/08/18/powercli-daily-report-v2/

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Check out RVTools - its great for keeping a handle on which VMs have snapshots. SnapHunter is another good one.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos