VMware Cloud Community
The-Kevster
Contributor
Contributor

MSA1500 FC Supported? With Active/Active?

Looking at the latest SAN compatibility guide for ESX 3.5 I can't see the MSA1500 as listed, only the EVA. Can anyone confirm that this is still supported and if so is the Active/Active firmware supported?

Thanks for you help,

Kev

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andrew_Judge
Contributor
Contributor

If it's not on the list, It's probably not supported officially. Here is an article on the HP MSA1500

http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2006/11/vmware-esx-server-and-hp-msa1500.htm

Andy Judge

www.grovenetworks.com

0 Kudos
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi - I logged a support case with HP yesterday asking the same questions (and have not heard back). When they respond I will post their response on this thread (will phone them again tomorrow).

I also noticed the EVA 5000 is not listed either...... probably because it is EOL anyway....

Keep ya posted.

0 Kudos
b_o_f_h
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I asked this already on HP Board and the answer was, that there is still not everything fully tested and certified for ESX 3.5 and as long this is not done, it's officially not supported. The MSA1000 and MSA1500 are still standard entry SAN's which are good for small environments and so it should also be supported soon officially.

Active/Active was with ESX 3.02 not supported too by VMWare but from HP for VMWare. Due to this, we implemented our MSA1000 with active/passive and hopefully, not just active/passive will be supported then officially by ESX 3.5.

0 Kudos
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hmmm... let's hope they support it soon!

You've lost me with your comment on the active/active..... with the latest firmware etc active/active is supported for ESX 3.0.2 as per HP's SAN Guide.

0 Kudos
Roy_b2Lateral
Contributor
Contributor

We've just been asking the same question re: MSA1000 & MSA1500 support - the official line is that they are in the process of certifying this & this should be Q1 or Q2 2008....

0 Kudos
ascari
Expert
Expert

yes, i have the same information. In the roadmap will be certified actice/passive first and then active/active (MSA1500).

0 Kudos