VMware Cloud Community
maills
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Lost service console port IP

Hi all,

I had to prepare for a brand new DRP site which should not be on our range of IP. Everything was working fine with my service console with a fixed IP and I had no issue (link with one entwork card, 4 ion total). But unfortunately, I start by creating a VMkernel port with different IP range and I add this new vswitch on the same network card and then I lost all connection. I had 4 vm guest on it and evrything is working but how can I do to reset the good IP on management console (ESXi) ?

Please help as I have technician on site in 2 days for installing DOUBLE Take.

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayolsen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

esxcfg-vswif is the command from your service console. Something like:

esxcfg-vswif -a -p service console -i x.x.x.x -n x.x.x.x

-a add -p set port group name, -i = ip address you want to use -n netmask for your network.

just entering esxcfg-vswif with no options will show you all available commands.

Also check

page 23 Recreating your vswif0 interface

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jayolsen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

esxcfg-vswif is the command from your service console. Something like:

esxcfg-vswif -a -p service console -i x.x.x.x -n x.x.x.x

-a add -p set port group name, -i = ip address you want to use -n netmask for your network.

just entering esxcfg-vswif with no options will show you all available commands.

Also check

page 23 Recreating your vswif0 interface

0 Kudos
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Here is a handy reference guide that will help you manually rebuild your service console on the correct network. You will need to do this all by hand via putty or console

• Kyle

PS- Would be helpful if I pasted in the link...

Message was edited by: khughes

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

for changing the IP for ESXi, you might want to look at this thread, it could be helpful

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/155926

0 Kudos
maills
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi all,

By getting in console with alt+f11, I get acces to config and re add vmnic0 to my management console.

Thx to all,

0 Kudos