VMware Cloud Community
NPetrov
Contributor
Contributor

Link agregation problem

Hi all.

I have a singe ESX host. It has 2 built-in NICs and 3 Intel Dual Port Nics.

I have created 3 virtual Switches. 1st is for the ESX VMKernel Port and one VM, and 2nd and 3rd are shared between few VMs.

The 1st virutal switch uses the two built-in NICs, one set as a standby for the other.

The 2nd and 3rd vSwitches are connected to one of the ports on each Intel NIC. I have configured NIC teaming based on IP hash. Each NIC is configured manualy to 1000/Ful Duplex. Same is done at the switch.

The swich is 3com Baseline Switch 2924-SFP Plus. I have configured static link agregation on it (no LACP). No VLANs are configured.

I have checked several times if the correct port of the switch is connected to the correct NIC.

From the VMs connected to each vSwitch I can access the local network and Internet, but I cannot access the VMs from the other vSwitches.

What is the cause of this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - So potentially like a routing problem on your netwrok - What IP addresses and net masks are using for the VMs?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
NPetrov
Contributor
Contributor

192.168.1.0/24

All VMs are in that network. When I move the VMs to one vSwitch they see each other.

Is there something that I should enable on the ESX or on the 3com switch, so the traffic can pass between the different agregation groups?

0 Kudos
NPetrov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I need help kind of urgently. My time frame is short.

Thanks.

0 Kudos