VMware Cloud Community
hartfordjt1
Contributor
Contributor

Licensing and Media Downloads

I've got a question that relates to the ESX 3.5 media downloads for licensed customers. Maybe someone here can tell me if this is right or not.

We're a licensed customer. We've got VI3 for 2 servers and a full VirtualCenter license. We've got about 2.5 years of gold support left as well.

I'm helping another tech at a different organization. He's also got the same setup that I have, so I was simply trying to point him in the right direction of "what files to download". At the same time, I thought that it would probably be a good idea to download a ESX 3.5 U3 ISO to replace my older ESX 3.5 U1 CD. I figure it wouldn't hurt to update to the latest media, just in case we need it in a pinch.

Now, as a customer with VI3 + VC and 3 years of gold support, wouldn't you think that you were entitled to the latest media for the products that you're running?? Apparently NOT!! I get an error saying that I'm "not authorized" to download ESX 3.5 Update 3, yet with the same account I can see all of the licenses and subcriptions I have. If I try to "register" a server or license, it says it's already registered. Licensing support says that their site is "designed" this way, and I'm apparently not entitled to media, even though we OWN the product AND have support for 3 years!

Does this make sense to anyone?? Do other people have the same lack of rights to ESX media?

0 Kudos
0 Replies