VMware Cloud Community
brucecmc
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with LUN size on Host

hi folks...

got a new problem..

running ESX 3.0.1, VC2.0, Clariion CX400 disk array, migrating VM's.

I created some VM's on a small (50GB) LUN initially while learning to create VM's. I subsequently expanded the 50GB with a MetaLUN of size 150GB. I then added an "extent" to the 50GB LUN with the new 150GB lun within VC. I have since found out that using extents/metaluns can be a performance killer.

So, I created a new LUN (560GB), performed a clariion migration from the 200gb MetaLUN to the 560GB LUN. All went well.

In migrating one of the VM's from another ESX host, while going through the migration wizard, it still believes that the host that I'm migrating it to has the original 200GB "extented" LUN present.

I have rescanned both hosts vmhba's to no avail...I have NOT tried to reboot either server at this point, was about to do so, but wanted to see if anybody had any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Bruce

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ITThies
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You have to remove the LUN from you Storageconfiguration and do a rescann then. After that, you should see the new LUN / size.

----- Please feel free so give some points for a correct / helpful answer! Thank you!
0 Kudos
brucecmc
Contributor
Contributor

the esx host with the larger lun can see the LUN, it is the host that I'm migrating VM's from that thinks the old smaller lun is still there...or an extent (which was created on the LUN prior to doing the clariion LUN migration).

bruce

0 Kudos