VMware Cloud Community
tejama
Contributor
Contributor

Installation of Legato Networker on ESX 3.0.1

I'm trying to install Legato Networker on an ESX 3.0.1 service console, but I get a error message when I do saying I am missing the following dependencies:

libICE.so.6

libSM.so.6

libX11.so.6

libXext.so.6

libXt.so.6

Can anyone point me to a location where I might be able to get these libraries for ESX. And just a note, I tried to use the "--nodeps" argument and it installed successfully. But when I tried to start the service, I got a fatal error, again indicating I was missing one of the above libraries.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
tejama
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to give this thread a bump to see if anyone can offer some advice...

0 Kudos
pushpendub
Contributor
Contributor

Run the command :

rpm -ivf nodeps lgtoclnt-version-xxx.rpm

Replace the above rpm with the actual name of the file. You have to run the command wit the no dependency switch

0 Kudos
tejama
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying, but as I indicated in the OP, when I tried installing with the no dependency argument the install completed successfully but failed when I tried to start the service. The error message indicated that I needed one of the lib files listed in the original post.

0 Kudos
pushpendub
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried with rpmfind.net for the missing libraries? Also which command are you using to start the services?

0 Kudos
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

-nodeps wont fix it, you need to goto the download section under VI3...then...TOOLS and download the backup enaber which fixes the failed dependancies. Or just use the links from my post Smiley Wink

Hope this helps.

Enabler package for Legato Networker backup software

Enables Legato Networker 7.2.1 to back up your ESX Service Console. Installing this package resolves the "failed dependencies:" error message during Networker installation.

Legato Networker for ESX Server 3.5

Legato Networker for ESX Server 3.0.1

Legato Networker for ESX Server 3.0.0

0 Kudos