VMware Cloud Community
MightyMax1
Contributor
Contributor

Icons Missing?

Hello all,

I have been experiencing some issues with my setup. I recently upgraded from esx 3.0.2 to 3.5 u5. I took this path: http://vmetc.com/2008/01/31/upgrade-to-esx-35-without-leaving-your-desk/

Everything went fairly well as far as we could tell, but we are having some strange behaviors.

VMotion often fails, preformance seems to have decreased, when removing a VM from inventory I can no longer add it via datastore browser or a custom vm creation, etc. I opened a ticket with vmware and they claimed my datastore was corrupt and the only real reason I was able to get was because the .vmx .wmdk etc, icon were missing, just a blank icon image. That seemed like a pretty mediocor reason, so I want to get some input from you all. If my datastore is corrupted then how is it that my VMs still run? I can finally create new VMs, but I couldn't initially. What could have happened? Any ideas? Is there maybe something I completely missed in my upgrade? I have 2 ESX hosts connecting to 1 SAN via FC. I have an identical setup at a different data center and it seems to be working just fine. I appreciate any additional help you all can give me. Thanks very much.

--MM

0 Kudos
0 Replies