mohanad_cs
Contributor
Contributor

IBM Tivloi Storage Manager

Jump to solution

Hi,

I Need To install IBM Tivloi Storage Manager as VM on ESX 3.0.1 so I need to enable all TCP/UDP Ports require to communicates with IBM TSM agents , to do that only on Scurity profile check for IBM Tivloi Storage Manager Port, or there are extra commands need to be done?

Note: The Status of IBM TSM port N/A.

Best Regards,

Mohanad R.Aljabi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GCR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello,

If you are going to install TSM inside a VM, you don't need to open any port on service console. That port on service console to be opened for TSM, is just when you install TSM agent on the service console.

So you don't need to open any port.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GCR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello,

If you are going to install TSM inside a VM, you don't need to open any port on service console. That port on service console to be opened for TSM, is just when you install TSM agent on the service console.

So you don't need to open any port.

Cheers

0 Kudos
mohanad_cs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If I need to have full System Backup (Configuration & System Files ) for ESX Server & I have IBM Tivoli Storage Manager as backup Software?

0 Kudos
GCR
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes that's right, then you have to install the linux TSM client agent and then you need to open the ports on the firewall.

And you can use that client on service console to backup virtual machines too.

But your original question was about tSM installed inside a VM, as I undestood it, so in that case you don't need to touch the Service console firewall.

Cheers

0 Kudos