VMware Cloud Community
rbblue
Contributor
Contributor

Hp Sim Configuration

Hey everyone,

I have installed the Hp Management Agents for Vmware Est Server 3.x found on hp's website under the dl580's sofware page for vmware os's. The install was successful and the services started. I then created a fault on the system by removing one of the power supplys. The alert light has gone amber nowever my hp sim server does not report the issue!

any idea why?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
duhaas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I actually just installed SIM on my esx box as well, and although I havent tried to pull one of the power supply to trigger an event, have you confirmed that you gave the sim server R/W access to the ESX and assigned the corrects traps?

rbblue
Contributor
Contributor

r/w ?

where?

my understanding is that this is just getting snmp bordcasts.

0 Kudos
duhaas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All I know is that once the install was complete it took me through a wizard that pretty much setup all that stuff. I also know there is the hpmgmt.conf file where many of those settings can be defined. You can also look @ see how snmp is setup on the esx box:

/usr/share/snmp/snmpd.conf

rbblue
Contributor
Contributor

hpmgmt.conf is not on my system.

what all did u install?

0 Kudos
duhaas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

try checking out page 16, i just installed it using the readme file and everything works pretty well:

http://h71019.www7.hp.com/ActiveAnswers/downloads/VMware3_deployment.pdf

0 Kudos
rbblue
Contributor
Contributor

when you view the webpage for the system... does it show anything in the main window pain? or does it just say no failed/degraded items?

0 Kudos