VMware Cloud Community
pzapletal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to see vmfs datastore under same name when I changed storage?

How can I see vmfs datastore under same name, when I changed mirror relationship between DS4000.

I changed mapping vmfs datastore from primary DS4000 to secondary DS4000. I've changed LVM.EnableResignature from 0 to 1 in advanced settings on VI3, but I see volume under name snap-00000-vmesxx. I can't rename volume, message "volume name already exist".

I need it for disaster recovery planing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
topuli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

maybe this helps. for a mirrored eva8000 volume, we power down the vm´s for the affected volume, do the failover, rescan storage adapters in vc, and the esxserver recognizes his volume, thats all.

LVM.DisallowSnapshotLun is set to 0

LVM.EnableResignature is set to 0

have a nice day

t.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
christianZ
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

If your primary vmfs volume doesn't exist no more then you can remove it from "Inventory" and then rename your snap volume.

Hope that's clear.

0 Kudos
pzapletal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

But I can't rename volume until old virtual machines are in inventory and I want to make without readding to inventory.

0 Kudos
christianZ
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You can name your snap volumes differently from the originals and then register your vms with different names.

0 Kudos
topuli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

maybe this helps. for a mirrored eva8000 volume, we power down the vm´s for the affected volume, do the failover, rescan storage adapters in vc, and the esxserver recognizes his volume, thats all.

LVM.DisallowSnapshotLun is set to 0

LVM.EnableResignature is set to 0

have a nice day

t.

0 Kudos
pzapletal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, that's it. LVM.DisallowSnapshotLun is set to 0 and LVM.EnableResignature is set to 0 was the correct parameters for recognizing volume under same name.

0 Kudos