Vijay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paul_xtravirt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Assuming you have configured some LUNs on your storage itself you will need to ensure that the HBA Fibre Worldwide ID's on the ESX host (you can see them listed against the fibre HBA under storage adaptors, WWID) are configured on the fibre switch for access (read and write).

In the VI Client connected to your ESX host, select the Storage Adaptors tab and highlight the Fibre HBA. Right click it and select Rescan. If you have configured the SAN and Fibre Switch properly, then the LUNs will now be listed under the Fibre HBA. Go to storage and select add storage. Follow the wizard through to add the LUNs and format as VMFS. Do this for each ESX host you want to see the LUNS on.

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding points

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You are going to have to elaborate a bit more in regards to what you are trying to do..... do you want to install ESX server?

0 Kudos
paul_xtravirt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Assuming you have configured some LUNs on your storage itself you will need to ensure that the HBA Fibre Worldwide ID's on the ESX host (you can see them listed against the fibre HBA under storage adaptors, WWID) are configured on the fibre switch for access (read and write).

In the VI Client connected to your ESX host, select the Storage Adaptors tab and highlight the Fibre HBA. Right click it and select Rescan. If you have configured the SAN and Fibre Switch properly, then the LUNs will now be listed under the Fibre HBA. Go to storage and select add storage. Follow the wizard through to add the LUNs and format as VMFS. Do this for each ESX host you want to see the LUNS on.

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding points

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points
0 Kudos
vijay_0812
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank u for your reply. My SAN admin has provided certain luns to use them in ESX server. Now I wanted to configure those LUNs to be used in my ESX server using VI client.

Paul has helped me in this regard.

Thank you

Vijay

0 Kudos