VMware Cloud Community
iamtez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to create a VM from a template?

Hi,

I have created a VM Template using a VM on one ESX server. I want to use this template to create more VMs on different ESX servers. How do I do this?

Thanks,

Tejas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayolsen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In your Virtual Center client in the top left click the Inventory button and choose "Virtual Machines and Templates" This will display your VMs as well as the templates underneather in the host tree window. Right click on the template and choose Deploy virtual machine from this template and it will start the wizard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jayolsen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In your Virtual Center client in the top left click the Inventory button and choose "Virtual Machines and Templates" This will display your VMs as well as the templates underneather in the host tree window. Right click on the template and choose Deploy virtual machine from this template and it will start the wizard.

0 Kudos
tomaddox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Step 1: Find the template in the VI Client, right-click on it, and select "Deploy Virtual Machine from this Template..."

Step 2: Read the Fine Manual

iamtez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great. Thanks a lot for all your help. That was definitely straightforward Smiley Happy

Also, thanks for the best practices paper.

Tejas

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

don't forget to leave points for helpful and correct answers. That is your way of saying thank you

0 Kudos