VMware Cloud Community
NarenderGakka
Contributor
Contributor

How do the I connect to the Virtual Machine Running on the VMWare ESX Server

I have installed the VMware ESX on to the server and Installed few Virtual Machines on the Server Now my question is that how do i connect to the Virtual client machine's such as windows xp without using any softwares. can i access them with BOOT agents.

Please help me out.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums.

If you want to access the console of th evirtual guest you can use the ESX Web access or download the VI client from your ESX server webpage. Is that what you're asking for as "connecting to the guest" is somewhat unspecific...

By the way, you asked in the wrong forum, this is about VMware Workstation. Maybe the sysop will move the thread....

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" answers/replies. Thanks!!

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

What version of ESX are you using, so we can move this thread to the appropriate forum?

0 Kudos
NarenderGakka
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.5

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to ESX 3.5 forum.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Also if you have enabled remote access you can useRDP as well -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Basicly you can access the VMs like any other remote computer (rdp, vnc, ssh, etc.)

For example, you can use the Remote Desktop Client that comes with windows xp to connect to the virtual XP machines.

0 Kudos