VMware Cloud Community
SC38103
Contributor
Contributor

Hosts did not Auto Register after loading Naviagent

I just install a new Clariion CX3-20c connected two VI 3.5 hosts vi Brocade 200E switches to the CX and loaded the Naviagent to the host. I ran Navisphere and viewed Connection Status and the Hosts HBAs are there but did not auto register. I booted one of the hosts and it did auto register. I can't boot the other host because it has VMs running in local storage. The naviagent is setup identical on both host, firewall, agent.config, etc. Since the reboot resolved the issue with the one host, perhaps there are services that need to be rstarted on the host to get auto register to work. Any suggestions?

I know I can manually register but I like things to work like they should. Will there be any issues if I manually register?

INFO

VI 3.5.0 build 98103

Naviagentcli v6.26.5.0.95-1

Flare 03.26.020.5.016

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kastlr
Expert
Expert

Hi,

a reboot shouldn't be required to auto register the host.

Maybe you did start the Naviagent prior you did the zoning?

And did you create/edit the file which does contain the IP address and the user to connect to the Clariion.

So if you now see the Clariion "pseudo " LUN's within ESX, try to restart the Naviagent.

BTW, EMC does provide a document on how to install the agent on an ESX server, check it out.

It does explain (how and when) to perform all required tasks.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hope this helps a bit.
Greetings from Germany. (CEST)
0 Kudos
SC38103
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, a reboot shouldn't be required to auto register the host.

I actually followed the EMC doc to uninstall a v6.24 naviagent with ESX_uninstall.sh and then installed the v6.26 agent using the ESX_install.sh after connecting the to the switches and completing the zoning, and did edit the file (agent.config) which contains the IP address and the user to connect to the Clariion per the doc.

I am certain I did all the right stuff because I have checked, double checked, and triple checked. So, as I see it the reboot reset something or restarted a service the caused the HBA to auto register after the reboot. So the question is, any ideals on what service should restarted to avoid a reboot?

Rebooted and the host auto registered. No clue why a reboot was required.

Message was edited by: SC38103

0 Kudos